It's no secret that the landscape of the modern workplace is evolving. Between at-home workers, road warriors, more casual office environments and those who juggle themselves between the lot, more employees than ever before are shunning work in a traditional corporate office.
So the question is, have your business communications been keeping up?
More workers than ever would classify themselves as such, spending their time analysing information and developing newer, better products and services or being responsible for ensuring top-notch customer service. These 'knowledge workers' thrive in flexible, open environments that allow for collaboration.
The number of workers considered 'mobile' (those who spend most of their time on the move) is only going to continue growing. Mobile employees need access to business and communications applications and services so that they can reach colleagues, clients and partners wherever they are and whatever devices they are using.
Employees increasingly rely on personal devices to conduct business outside of 'normal' business hours and away from typical office locations.
We can't talk about the changing work landscape without mentioning millennials. After all, they make up over a third of the current workforce, which will quickly rise to three quarters by 2025. Collaborative by nature, they often expect to be able to work on-the-go with a personal choice of devices and applications.
How do we adapt?
While this evolution is natural, the reality of the changing workplace can present a number of questions and challenges when it comes to your current communications setup. Fortunately, a cloud solution may contain the answers:
- Presence and instant messaging: users will instantly be able to see whether someone is available to receive a message.
- Unified messaging: mobile users can have access to emails, voicemails and texts in the most convenient format for the them with a unified mailbox, notifications and user-defined call routing.
- Desktop and application sharing: users can collaborate on projects and documents in real-time.
- Support for multiple devices.
- SIP trunking: this extends unified communications, enabling smart team working tools to be extended across a mixed cloud and on-premises service if necessary.
- Smart call routing and call handling: communications are tied to your business identity no matter what device is being used, so call handling features work as usual.
Why choose Sirus?
We have a long and successful in the communications marketplace.
We have a deep knowledge of business needs and processes, allowing us to always listen to your needs and put them first.
We can provide excellent security, control and performance guarantees.
We offer a complete set of tools to deliver excellent services that will not only upgrade your current communications, but safeguard them into the future.